MFRI Student Medical Clearance
There is no higher priority for the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute than to provide training in a safe environment for our students and instructors. The purpose of this policy is to provide a means to help ensure that students engaged in training requiring strenuous activity or the use of self-contained breathing apparatus are medically capable of engaging in these activities.
This Policy covers students required to perform activities while using self-contained breathing apparatus or otherwise participate in:
- Firefighter I (FIRE-101),
- Firefighter II (FIRE-201),
- Marine Firefighting for Land-Based Firefighters (FIRE-203),
- Firefighter Survival and Rescue (FIRE-206),
- Aircraft Rescue Firefighter (FIRE-230),
- Hazardous Materials Technician (HM-201),
- Interior Structural Industrial Fire Brigade Member (IND-222),
- Rescue Technician: Confined Space Rescue (RES-202),
- Rescue Technician: Trench Rescue (RES-206),
- Rescue Technician: Structural Collapse (RES-209),
- Rescue Technician: Swiftwater Rescue (RES-213),
- Other programs that may be determined by the Institute to be hazardous or strenuous.