Wildland Urban Interface: Fire-Adapted Communities - Intro and Leadership Course I (NFA)
Instructional Hours: 16.00
This two-day course introduces students to the national wildland urban interface (WUI) fire problem and motivates them to initiate action to address the problem within their local community.
- Defines the WUI fire problem.
- Identifies the elements of a fire-adapted community in the WUI.
- Illustrates the need for action at the local level.
The recommended target audience for this course may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Fire and emergency service representatives.
- Community leaders/decision-makers.
- Commissioners, elected officials, and other local policymakers.
- Code officials: building, planning, etc.
- Environmental groups.
- Land managers and foresters.
- Other key local stakeholders.
Recommended: Incident Command System (ICS)-100-level and ICS-200-level training. Preferred courses are Q0462 and Q0463, available through NFA Online at https://www.usfa.fema.gov/training/nfa/courses/online.html